The best way to make an open house successful is to effectively market and promote it well before the event date. Buyers are constantly searching online for listings and the sooner you get in front of them, the better. Typically, a real estate agent will handle open house efforts for you, but if you’d like to take promotions a step further, consider doing the following:
Social media is great for listing your home. Consider setting up a Facebook page that’s dedicated to the home you’re selling. Add engaging photos of the exterior – the front of the house, the backyard and any other charming highlights – as well as interior shots, which should include full pictures of each room, entryway, kitchen and any shared spaces. Create a photo album using only the best photos.
PRO TIP: Hire a professional photographer to take clear and beautiful images.
Make sure the Facebook page description is easy to read by separating paragraphs and using clear and concise words with no errors. Spell out every interesting detail of the house and go over the description with your real estate agent before publishing.
Then, create a Facebook event listing for your open house. This is where you’ll plug in all relevant information like date, time and directions. It’s also a good opportunity to add more stunning photos!
PRO TIP: Have access to a video camera? Creating a short teaser video to take potential buyers on a quick property. And, get in front of that camera! Who better to show off the unique features of a home than its owner?
REALTOR.com is a great way to market your house, as potential buyers are constantly cruising this website for their dream home.
Your real estate agent is the one who needs to first create the for-sale listing. But, once that’s done, you can go in and add an open house event yourself. Here are some quick instructions on this process:
- In the main menu, click Manage Listings, and click on the address for your listing, then click Edit Listing once the menu appears.
- From there, click on Open Houses underneath Showcase Listing Enhancements and enter the information for your open house in the provided fields.
- The Additional Comments box allows you to add any other information that you may deem necessary to include, such as directions to your property from the closest major intersection, for example.
- Once you are satisfied with everything, click Save, and you will then see your open house date within the Open House section, where you can edit or delete it if you wish to do so.
Always remember to let your real estate agent know whenever you make any changes to any of your listings.
Zillow is another real estate tool that is perfect for open house promotion. Once your real estate agent has created a listing for your home on the market, and an open house date has been decided and confirmed, you can then create the listing for it by following these steps:
- First, look for Edit Listing Info, which will be located at the top of the home page.
- Select the button that reads Update for Sale by Agent/Owner, which you will find at the bottom of the page.
- Carefully go over and fill in all of the fields given, click Save, and you’re done!
Once again, ensure that your real estate agent goes over the listing for your open house once you have completed it.
Are you looking for a new home? Let RedStone Mortgage assist you in finding loan options that meet your individual needs. Call us at 480-759-1500.